Sunday, July 4, 2010

Update: Big Changes...

Yes, indeed.  I found a buyer for my house and we negotiated a contract.   Unfortunately, the house I was under contract for was a secret money pit and I backed out, BUT I was still obligated to go through with the sale of my house, effectively rendering us homeless!

Feeling burned by my almost purchase of a house accessorized with a buried tank coated with friable asbestos, I was reluctant to make any hasty decisions.  I absolutely was/am tired of having to deal with carpenter bees and watching as cracks in the driveway multiply and the other joys of home ownership. We are now in an apartment.  There's sort of a swinging eighties nostalgia about living in an apartment complex and the one we are in was actually built in the 80's.  It is beautifully landscaped with mature plantings and wooded all the way around the complex.  Large windows that  look out into the woods and a private screen porch and deck are the best features.  When we first moved in I felt almost like I was staying in a resort and would have a cocktail while taking the dog on his evening walk.

So anyway, now my student loan is paid off, the car is paid for and I am totally liquid.  The bulk of the proceeds are in a savings account and I'm not sure what I want to do.  Not sure if I ever want to own a home again.

I realize that this post is not the point of this blog, but I have been sidetracked for the past two months with the house business and I am now trying to regroup and come out of the limbo I am in.  (moved June 10 and don't feel settled at all)

But, nickel and dime is not forgotten... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment